Horse-shoe shaped cookies are light and melt in your mouth.
1/2 pound of softened butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of almond extract
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of almonds sliced
1. Use an electronic mixer and cream the butter and sugar.
Add eggs and almond extract. Mix well until blended.
2. On low speed, mix in flour, salt and almonds. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refigerate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Roll the dough into long pencil-like stripes about 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut these strips into 3" long pieces and bend into horse shoe shape. Place on a parchment linked cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove with a spatula and while yet warm, roll in confectioner's sugar.
6. Cool andstore in airtight containers.