The ideal companion to a cup of espresso with a hint of cinnamon.
1/4 pound butter
1 +1/2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of coffee liqueur
2 + 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, espresson, cijnnamon and coffee liquer. Mix well until smooth.
3. On low speed, add flour, baking powder and salt to the mix. Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and kneed until smooth.
4. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a small loaf about 12 " long.
5. Brush the top with beaten egg.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the loaves to a cooling rack.
7. Using a sharp knife, slice 1/2 inch strips.
8. Return to cooking pan and toast for 12-15 minutes.
9. Cool on a rack once again and store in airtight containers.